Hey there, lovely readers! Today, I’m diving into a personal journey that I’m sure many of you can relate to–the endless cycle of short and long hair, and growing long hair at 47.
If you’ve followed my style over the years, you’ll know that I’ve switched from short to long and back again numerous times. But now, at the fabulous age of almost 48 (!), I’m all set to grow my hair long (again!). So why the change? Well, let’s explore the reasons behind this decision.
1. Embracing Change: Life is full of transformations, and our hair is one of the easiest ways to express our evolving selves. Going back to long hair represents a new chapter in my life, and it feels invigorating to embrace this change with open arms.
2. Versatility: Long hair offers incredible versatility when it comes to styling. From elegant updos to cascading waves, the possibilities are endless. It’s like having a new accessory that can transform your look every day. And I finally feel ready to learn how to style long hair properly lol!
3. Confidence Booster: There’s something undeniably empowering about having long, flowing locks. It’s a boost to my self-confidence, and I’m excited to share this journey with all the fabulous ladies who follow The Grey Brunette.
4. Age Is Just a Number: Who said long hair is only for the young? At 47, I’m living proof that you can rock long hair at any age (and there are so many truly beautiful women out there who are older than me with gorgeous luscious long hair). It’s all about feeling comfortable and confident in your own skin, and I’m here to encourage you to do the same.
5. Hair Health: Let’s not forget the health aspect. Short hair can be lower maintenance, but long hair can be a sign of good hair health. I’m investing in nourishing my hair and enjoying the benefits of long, luscious tresses. And, to be honest, it’s when my hair is short that I need to use more products and gadgets which doesn’t do it much good. One thing I love about long hair is the ability to let it dry naturally, which I can’t do with short hair because it just ends up a total mess!
6. Time for a Change: After going back and forth with different styles, it’s high time I revisit long hair. Sometimes, it’s the journey itself that makes us appreciate what we had all along.
What’s more, I still love my natural hair colour, a rich dark brunette with loads of sprinkles of grey. It’s been about 13 years since I stopped dyeing it. Embracing my natural colour is a celebration of authenticity and self-acceptance.
7. The Witchy Aesthetic: As many of you know, I have a deep love for all things ‘witchy.’ Long hair pairs wonderfully with this enchanting aesthetic, allowing me to embrace the ethereal, magical vibes that I adore. With the re-launch of my Suzy Turner YouTube channel, where I’m focusing on creativity and all things witchy, long hair is a must in my book. It adds a touch of mystique and complements the enchanting atmosphere I aim to create. Find out more in this video:
So, there you have it! The reasons why I’m growing my hair long again at 47, embracing my natural colour, and celebrating the ‘witchy’ aesthetic that’s close to my heart. And, of course, enjoying the versatility and beauty of long hair. Currently, I’m in the dreaded horrible phase where it’s difficult to do anything with. But I shall persevere!
I’d love to hear your thoughts on this. Have you ever gone back to long hair or made a significant hair change in your life? Share your experiences in the comments below, and let’s continue this fantastic journey together. Thanks for reading, and stay fabulous, my friends!
Remember, your hair journey is a personal expression of yourself, and there’s no right or wrong. Whether you’re going short, long, or somewhere in between, what matters most is feeling good in your own skin. Embrace your uniqueness, and keep rocking your style!
Now let’s get on with the link-up!